In 1925 there was the first graduation of high school students enrolled in 1920, many of whom later became well-known professors and scientists. In the same year, the university became the Kuban State Medical Institute.
During the years of the Great Patriotic War, the Institute has been evacuated twice – in Yerevan and in Tyumen, but never during the war years is not interrupted by the graduation of the doctors. Immediately at the beginning of the war were organized extra classes to graduate students, conducted accelerated graduation that made it possible for the first year of the war to prepare 847 doctors. Almost all employees of the university were engaged to work in the rear.
1960 Institute has significantly expanded its profile. Over 40 years it functioned only one medical faculty. Its graduates, doctors, medical manual directed at any doctor’s office and, while working, acquire a narrow specialty.
In 1963, the Dental School has been opened at the institute. It was designed to provide dentists North Caucasus and Rostov Region. Preparation of such specialists required the creation of new specialized dental chairs and a significant restructuring of the educational process in all departments of the institute.
Since 1966, the institute comes circulation newspaper “Medic Kuban”. In 1969, the institute has opened another Department – pediatrics. In 1961, the first foreign students went to college. In 1982, the Institute created the Faculty of Advanced Medical, which is specially developed rapidly in the last decade. In 1992 – the Faculty of Higher Nursing Education, which in 1997 transformed into the Municipal Medical Institute of Higher Nursing Education, and resigned from the academy. In 1998 he opened two more departments – medical-prophylactic and pharmaceutical.
Since 2005, the Kuban State Medical Academy is accredited in the status of “University” and a state educational institution of higher education.